Friday, August 20, 2010

A Food Festival + A Rodeo + A County Fair = Summer

Jake and I have been enjoying all the many things that Buffalo has to offer this summer and if there is one thing that I have found out about Buffalo it's that it has it's fair share of festivals and the like.

A couple of weekends ago we went to the Ellicotville food festival with our friends Jacob and Katie and stuffed our faces and later that night we met up again for a good old fashioned rodeo.  The next weekend we met up with Evan and Heidi, a couple that we know from Jake's dental school, at the Erie Country State Fair. I am always amazed at the attractions that can be found at a state fair...
It was a toss up what was better...the peach shortcake or the rocky road brownie...

This is a kid in a hamster ball...for real.

I was so tempted to pay the 50 cents for this, but I felt a little strange about paying money to look at an actual person...something about that doesn't seem quite right. Am I the only one that feels this way?

The seven dollar bag of kettle corn!

It wouldn't be a fair without fried food

And I wouldn't be a proper fair goer unless I got some.  This is my first (and my last) deep fried twinkie.  One thing to check off of my list of to-do's before I die.

And lastly..a pig dressed up in some pink get-up.  Classic.

5 comments:

  1. Whitney...I totally paid 50 cents to see the Worlds shortest woman a few years ago and I felt so bad afterward! I'm glad you didn't do it! Laney Hawes also did it. You should ask her about the experience she had with it. She talked to her. It's actually kind of funny but you would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the person wouldn't be real, so I paid. But the person was real, and it made me feel AWFUL. I started crying. It was terrible. I'm glad you didn't go in there.

    You two are so good about getting out around town and having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would think you were in the deep south with all the fried everything there. It looks like lots of fun though, really like the plate idea, but would like it better if the wall behind was painted...think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it....looks like so much fun! Miss you two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, shortcake for sure. Speaking of festivals, the Elmwood Arts is this weekend! We're always out of town and will be again this year, but I heard that's one of the better ones around here.

    ReplyDelete