Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh How Christmas Comes and Goes

With the hustle of Jake finishing up school for fall semester and trying to get on top of work so that I could have an actual break over the holidays it seems like Christmas was upon us pretty suddenly.  It's always so sad to me how quickly Christmas is over, the tree and lights taken down and real life resumes, but our breaks and chances to visit family wouldn't be as sweet if we were blessed with them all the time right?


I wanted to put some pics up of our Christmas decorations in our apartment because it's Jake's and my first real Christmas together and because I am proud of them... 

So...for our anniversary and before heading to Utah we made a stop in Chicago.  Umm...it was freezing although the city was beautiful.  

 Some of the famous Chicago style pizza.  So cheeeesy.

 At the top of the Sear's tower at the Skydeck.  If visiting Chicago I recommend getting here at sunset like we did.  :-)

In Utah at the Temple Square lights.  I was so happy that little Lucy didn't seem too scared of me.


 We like to make funny faces in my fam.

Singing Christmas carols...

Getting gifts...

Lucy putting a lid on her head...

And...it wouldn't be the holidays without good food.  Our families definitely went above and beyond in that department!



 And....when we thought our trip was nearing an end we were luck enough to have a cancelled flight to be in town even longer.  Jake and I have never seen so much luggage on the luggage corral in our lives.


So...with some of our extra time we spent some more time with the families which included a bowling trip.  Good times!  I hope all of you guys were able to have as good a Christmas as were able to.

1 comment: