Saturday, May 22, 2010

ZillyCakes

For Christmas Jake gave me a gift certificate to take a cake decorating class from a cute local bakery here called Zillycakes. Well, it took me a white to settle in to Buffalo, so by the time I called to schedule a class they were already over for the season and I had to wait till May to take one! I finally took a class this week on buttercream piping and loved it! Zilly taught us how to cut through a baked cake to layer it and how to frost it and then we got to play around with the piping. I never knew that the only real way to cut through a cake and frost it on a turn table! Now I know! Here is my creation...I was going for a rockstar princess look.







5 comments:

  1. That looks gorgeous, and delicious! Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm YUMM! NOw you will have to teach me these mad skills of yours! It looks great. What kind was it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome cake! Hmm...I feel a craving coming on:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm! I love that shop on Elmwood. If you teach that for Enrichment, I will totally ward hop over there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!! If you like cake decorating you should watch Cake Boss on TLC. Its awesome!

    ReplyDelete