Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Weekend

Jake and I had a great memorial weekend.  We went to Beaver Island Beach and got some sun and to Letworth State Park the next day which is only about an hour and a half away from us.  The next day we got together with some friends for a BBQ and some s'mores around their firepit.  Why can't all weekends by like this?

Jake and I at the beginning of the trail ready for an outdoor adventure (finally!).  We were all geared up in our grungy hiking boots and camelpacks only to discover that a lot of the trail we were on was nicely paved, but we still had an awesome time.

Umm...so this is me reading my handy dandy guidebook.  Jake thinks it's funny that I enjoy guidebooks as much as I do.

Me on the bridge...still reading my guidebook.  We were a little confused where to go at the beginning of the trail.

Obviously we figured it out though.  Here is a view of one of the falls.

Jake and I at the top of a big railroad bridge.  I was a little freaked!

The "Grand Canyon of the East"

3 comments:

  1. Look at all your fun adventures. It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that place! I want to kayak there before we leave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, that would be so fun! We should plan to do that sometime!

    ReplyDelete