Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Look of Love

This year we had a great Valentine's Day here in good 'ol Buffalo.  Being single through much of my twenties, I've heard lots of complaints from undeserving men about how Valentine's Day is just a stupid holiday from the card companies to make more money.  Seriously...that kind of talk is like listening to nails on a chalkboard.  I tend to think of Valentine's Day as a welcome break to one of the dreariest months of the year as well as another welcome opportunity to let the ones you love know how much you love them and this year didn't disappoint.

This year, we started the festivities off early.  Jake had planned a surprise date for me on Friday night.  I am impressed that he followed through with the surprise up until we were in the car on the way there.  Normally, he tells me about surprises a little early...that's why I love him.  We started the night off by visiting one of our favorite wholesaler flower shops in downtown buffalo.  Jake let me pick out my choice of flowers and then we went next door to the Sea Bar for some sushi.  To top the night off we visited Dolci, another Buffalo favorite for some treats to enjoy while cuddling on the couch.  A perfect night!
The goods from the night

On the actual day of Valentine's Day, I surprised Jake with a romantic fondue dinner and just a quiet night at home.  Thanks Mary for the fondue pot!  We've already gotten a lot of use out of it.

And lastly, because I am still playing around with my new camera and practicing, here are some shots of the lovely V-Day decor this year.

I hope you all had as great of a Valentine's Day as we did!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! You guys both did such a nice job surprising and appreciating each other :) I think we have the same sentiments on Valentines Day. Now, I just need to break off my chocolate binging! Speaking of which, thank you for the Buffalo Chocolates! We love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty decor! I love the pic at the top of your blog too! Sounds like you guys had a great Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete